Saturday 11 March 2017

Masterton - Palmerston North

A couple of times on this trip I refer to rides as 'an Anne of Green Gables ride'. I love these books and the descriptions in them and a ride where everything connects - beautiful scenery, hardly any traffic, overcast calm weather, lemon cake in the pannier waiting for me to eat, earl grey tea in the flask, and a pretty flat to rolling ride - I call it 'an Anne of Green Gables ride'. 

It's 47km on Route 52 to Alfredton, then another 20km to Pahiatua, then on The Pahiatua Track to Palmerston North. This is a much safer road to take rather that through the Manawatu Gorge. 

One of my favourite days and great to arrive to see my friends Ang and Ross who I met on safari in East Africa in 2009!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Ruth,

    Your face is an Anne of Green Gables Ride.

    Yours sincerely,

    Asher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Asher,

      Your Mom is an Anne of Green Gables Ride.

      Yours Sincerely,
      Ruth :)

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    It looks like you are having such a good time. I have been looking at your earlier posts and it looks like you are!

    View my blog!
    http://ymsariana.blogspot.co.nz/
    Ariana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariana - getting a bit tired now! Looking forward to seeing you in Christchurch soon. I will check your blog out now. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Miss Blair,
    Do do you sleep in that shed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hunter,

      No I didn't sleep in that shed. Freedom camping in tents isn't actually allowed in NZ, and you don't really need to as there are so many camping grounds here! It reminds me of you building that hut to sleep in at the 40 Hour Famine sleepover. :)

      Delete